Friday 24 July 2015

Thailand - Part 2

Phang-Nga Bay


When I came back from the diving trip, I decided to book one of those touristic tours to check out Phang-Nga Bay. You don't have many choices if you want to see that area so the tour didn't seem a bad option. I knew it would be pretty touristic and everything but I wanted to see those islands and I finally did it.

Another driving adventure to get to the pier but we made it. There was a group of Asian girls that took more selfies than I when I have a GoPro and I go cliff jumping (my friends from the aussie trip know what I mean). No kidding, it was crazy... I've never seen that before... They pretty much posed while kissing the air the whole trip and they were so focused on looking good that every time they moved they had to look themselves in the small mirrors they all had and put their hair perfectly positioned for the next selfie. It was really funny to be honest.







We did the trip around some of the smallest islands first and then we went to the Hong Island and around the caves to do some kayaking. At the beginning of the trip I was warned to be careful because I was the only one travelling on my own and of course no one would miss me if after a stop the captain asks if everyone is there... So the guide tried to have me in mind everytime we left and came back to the boat.

When we got to the kayaking spot, it was all prepared for tourists, the Thai guys working on the kayaks are driving them for you, you don't even have to paddle. Of course I didn't like the idea so I asked the boy that was in the Kayak with me if I could do it. He let me do it luckily so I could at least drive the kayak through the designated areas. It was actually really cool and the caves were beautiful. So many different shapes and formations that make you smile.






After that, we went to Khao Phing Khan and Ko Tapu or more commonly known as James Bond Island. It is an incredible spot but it is really spoiled by tourism too. I went for a walk and tried to go inside the water but it was really filthy haha. A lot of mud and you couldn’t see the bottom so I decided to go to the next beach around the corner of the island.
 







On the way back to the pier, we stopped at a cave to drop some lotus flowers in the water. It is like a tradition and we had to ignite the candle and make a wish.




No comments:

Post a Comment