Friday 24 July 2015

Bali adventure - Part 2

Sanur 


After some days in Gili Islands, Caro and I left to Sanur. I did yoga in the morning, we did the check out and we almost missed our boat to Sanur because the guys at the harbour told us the wrong time and they were leaving with our bags but without us haha.



Nusa Lembongan


I went to Nusa Lembongan next day with packed banana pancakes and I surfed at Ship Wreck. It was not a good idea to do it on low tide because I actually broke my board and hit myself with the reef. However, the surf was worthy and the place is awesome. I got the worst night ever because I don't know how many mosquitoes started to attack me, they were laughing at my mosquito repellent... It was crazy and I even got some temperature that night.

Nusa Ceningan and Nusa Penida


When Caroline and Brennan arrived we did a tour around the islands.

We went to the blue lagoon, we jumped and we enjoyed the calm in the mangrooves while eating coconuts. It was a really good afternoon although I had temperature due to the mosquitoes I guess haha.

When I saw the jump I was so excited. I really wanted to jump and when I did it it was a bit crazy. You needed to wait for the right moment, jump in the right place and swim as fast as you could in order to avoid the sets. It was so good and the way out it was quite challenging because it wasn't that easy to climb up again with the waves breaking haha















One morning, we decided to go snorkelling and we saw mantas. That was really amazing, the mantas are always so beautiful and peaceful.


Our days in this beautiful place were coming to an end so after surfing, snorkelling in different spots, seeing sunsets from different places and enjoying the food during our stay, we caught a boat to Keramas, our second to last stop of the trip in Indonesia.












One day when we were driving around the island I saw a cemetery next to the road and the funniest thing was that the graves were covered by umbrellas.







It was hard to leave this island; its magic and the beauty of its surroundings was incredible. It was so good to get up every day and see the locals there gathering seaweed in the ocean, check the waves, do yoga, surf, ride motorbikes in an uncrowded island... It's a lot different compared to Bali...

Keramas


Keramas is black-sand beach and a well-known surfing spot. There is actually nothing but a resort and the break to surf which is always quite crowded. However, it is a nice beach and walking along the shore is cool. I saw the local people gathering stones, shells and other things from the sand, and on my way back to Komune after walking all the way up the beach, some guys stopped me because they wanted to take pictures with me. Some of them were polite, some others not that much and I had a bit of an argument with them because they tried to get way to close to me...









After a couple of days in Keramas, we went back to busy Kuta to spend our last afternoon there. I fixed my boards and a super nice taxi driver drove me to the airport. It was sad to say goodbye to Caroline again, we would see each other again that was for sure, but it is always sad to say bye to a good friend.

My next stop was Thailand :) and with the good vibes of Indonesia I found myself smiling inside another plane. Travelling is just amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment