Monday 24 August 2015

Thailand - Part 3

Phi-Phi


I decided that I would go to Phi-Phi in the morning but when the taxi driver came to pick me up, he said that he didn’t want to take me to the harbour with my surfboard. He didn’t hesitate and left; he didn't give me a chance to explain myself or try to fit the boards in the van. So, I lost the ferry and the tickets. I decided that I would send my boards to Bangkok and pick them up during my last days there before going back to Spain since I knew I wouldn’t surf where I was going. Finally, I sent the boards to a homestay in Bangkok and left in the afternoon to Phi-Phi.

Phi-Phi is a very touristic place and when I got there it was late afternoon. I was having a look at a bookshop and an old woman asked me if I could help her because she was really stressed and couldn’t order all the books she had. I said yes and after helping the lady for a couple of hours she gave me a free snorkelling tour to Maya Bay and other islands around Phi-Phi plus free tickets to Krabi. I was lucky although I had to work more than expected carrying books up and down the shelves.

Maya Bay, Mosquito Bay and other small islands 


So the next day I went to explore the surroundings of Phi-Phi. It was a bit disappointing because everything was really crowded. Maya Bay is gorgeous but you feel like an animal in the zoo. You are taken there, there is no control of tourists and it is super crowded. It’s sad when you see it. Mosquito Bay is another popular spot and it is crowded as well but I walked around the island and I found a pretty spot which was quiet and I could be on my own for a while doing yoga. 















Phi-Phi Viewpoint


Next morning I went to the Viewpoint from which you can see everything. There are images of the tsunami and I went there really early in the morning so it was quiet and it didn't seem like the busy island anymore. 









After realising that I took the long way to get there, I went back to town to grab my bag and go to the pier to take a boat to Krabi.

Krabi

Krabi Town


As soon as I got to pier in Krabi, dozens of taxi drivers were waiting for us. I shared a minivan with some other travellers and we stopped at Krabi Town. From there, I went to my guesthouse which was really cool. Then, I went for a walk along the river and I went to get some food in the night market. Markets are always nice and the food is cheap and good. 









Railay


The next morning, I caught a bus to the small pier from which I caught a boat to Railay. I spent the whole day exploring the island on my own and it was really amazing. I loved that place.

I went to the blue lagoon and the adventure to get there was really fun. I was on my own, there was a lot of mud, and the ropes to get to the lagoon were in quite a bad shape. However, I made it and the lake was beautiful. 








After that, I went to the beach on the other side and then I took another boat to the town and the a bus to Krabi town. I was really dirty because of the lagoon adventure and people looked at me when I was in the streets. It really seemed that I had been fighting with mud or something haha.












After Krabi, I took another bus and a boat to Koh Samui :)


No comments:

Post a Comment